Your Guide to College and Beyond
Please join us for a Seminar on “Guide to College and Beyond” developed by our young dynamic college-going community members (Dr. Shehzad Hassan Siddique, Alley Soliman, and Yayha Soliman) to help college-aspiring students.
Participate in an informative discussion for parents/students to gain tips on preparing themselves and their children for college. Help strategize the best course of action for their remaining time in school. This seminar will discuss how to prepare academically, financially, and realistically for those college-bound, and target middle school, high school, current college students, and parents. All are welcome to attend.
This Seminar will be held at Masjid Al-Nur on Saturday, June 17th after Dhuhr prayer at 1:30 PM Inshallah. We expect to finish the program by 3:30 PM.
A detailed agenda is attached below. Please join and spread the word.
For more information please contact Dr. Hossam at 717-215- 1339
- Boston College, Freshman
- University of Michigan, School of Dentistry, DS-1
- Case Western Reserve University, Bachelors of Arts
Shehzad Hassan Siddique, M.D.
- Penn State Health, M.S. Hershey Medical Center, PGY-1 Psychiatry
- Penn State College of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine
- Penn State University, Bachelors of Science
How to get into College?
- Basic academics in High School: Grades on GPA
- Importance of extra-curricular activities: clubs, sports, etc.
- Free college credit: AP courses and Dual-enrollment
How to get into Graduate School?
- Maintaining a GPA
- Extra-curricular activities
- Course requirements
- Graduate School requirements
- Graduate exams: GRE, DAT, MCAT
- Resources available
How to pay for it all?
- Overview of Financial Aid process
- Federal Grants (FAFSA)
- State Grants (PHEAA, etc.)
- Tuition repayment for forgiveness
5247 Simpson Ferry Road
Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
This location has Wudu facility
6 RSVP(s) for this event
RSVP for this event has closed since this event was in the past.